Preventive medicine experts say the best way to improve your health is simple: Stay Healthy. Preventable illnesses like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke and several leading forms of cancer can rob you of your health and years of life. To improve your health, follow these five tips.
1. Exercise. Something as simple as a brisk walk for half an hour a day dramatically reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and several forms of cancer.
2. Maintain a Healthy Weight. One easy way to shed calories from your diet: drink water instead of sugary beverages.
3. Get Screened and Get Your Shots. Flu shots can dramatically reduce the risk of getting this seasonal bug and its potentially life-threatening complications. Routine health screens are also lifesavers. Managing your cholesterol levels and blood pressure is crucial to reducing your risk of heart disease.
4. Don’t Smoke. Lung cancer remains the leading cause of cancer death, with most cases directly caused by smoking. Talk to your doctor about the best strategies for success.
5. Find Joy From Family and Friends. Enjoying life and maintaining a circle of supportive friends is a big part of good health.
Read the entire article here.